Sales of Nokia’s flagship device Lumia 920 is going to decide the destiny of the company and C.E.O Stephen Elop both. It has been about two years since Stephen took charge as the C.E.O of Nokia . Nokia had a great fall of the shares from the time of shift to Windows phone eco system leaving it’s home grown Symbian O/S. Reports suggest that in the quarter that ended in June, Nokia sold 6 million Symbian powered handsets while it managed to sell less than 4 million Windows Phone powered handsets in the same time period. It doesn’t seem a good gain of the market .
Stephen Elop’s responsibility is regaining the market share of one time mobile giant .But things didn’t change to that level,but went worse. Microsoft’s WP is not an attractive O/S like the modern Android systems and iOS . Microsoft is struggling for many years to bring the WP O/S up ,the younger brother Android took up above 52% of the market share in US ,while the elder has about only 4% as per a report offered by Comscore in a quarter ending July 2012.
Windows Phone 8 + Lumia 920 = Nokia’s Fate
Nokia has a great hope on the upcoming Windows Phone Lumia 920 but analysts see ,that nothing is gong to boom the market share . Apple has a great sale of above 2 Million iPhones within 24 hours of the launch online ,and Samsung sold about 20 million Galaxy S3 phones within the first 100 days of it’s launch ,there are more models are being baked up by other Competitors too. Nokia is not the only Windows Phone 8 hand set manufacturer ,HTC and Samsung are the other people to take into consideration . Samsung already started to take the leadership of the mobile market and it has a good name for offering polished devices with some unique feature .HTC and Samsung both have announced their Windows 8 phone ,that will be in the market soon.
A delayed Windows Phone 8 ,a delay in the race for Nokia
Nokia has announced the Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 running Windows Phone 8 ,but the release date is unsure for the company itself as Microsoft is dragging the final release of the WP8 system. Apple iPhone5 and Samsung Galaxy S3 are already in the game . Nokia Lumia WP8 phones are going to be the late comers and make the situation bad . As analysts say “The Christmas of going to be Apple’s “
After the appointment of Stephen Elop ,it seems Nokia has jumped into the fire from the pan !
Should I buy Nokia Lumia 920 ?
Nokia Lumia 920,Finnish company’s mostly anticipated handset has been placed on the table. Most of the US carriers will start to offer Lumia 920 from October and November this year. It is reported that AT&T will offer this windows phone 8 device from21st October 2012. So ,this is the time to have an overlook of Nokia Lumia 920 .Let us begin with the key attractions first.
Key and Attractive features of Nokia Lumia 920
- Pure Motion HD+ display
- 4.5” Large Display – If you compare with Apple iPhone5 ,yes it is a treat .
- Nokia Maps – Nokia is always best at it’s innovative Nokia Maps ,I don’t have any negative points to discuss on this .
- Pure View camera technology – Apart from providing highest quality images among the competitors, the ability to take incredibly good night shots .
- Windows Phone 8 – The latest Windows Mobile Operating system .
- Qi wireless charging – QI is the standard for wireless charging ,Nokia uses the technology inbuilt with it’s new handset. There are different types of charging pads available .
- Colour selection – Lumia 920 available around 5 colours to choose
- Nokia City Lens – It is an augmented reality application , you can see the point of interests around your location via your phone’s camera .[Click here for a small video ad of Nokia Lens)
- Nokia Music – Tons of free song downloads exclusively available for Nokia Lumia
- Exclusive Applications – Apps like Red Bull, Groupon with Augmented Reality and even Angry Birds Roost will all be coming to Nokia Lumia first before anyone else get them.
- A sexy Beautiful design – Nokia Lumia 920 is the most beautiful phone at the moment ,it is appealing .
Nokia Lumia 920 seems to be an expensive handset today at an estimated price tag of $758 or £476 . But it is a perfect choice for any modest user . People really love simplicity should go for Nokia Lumia 920 .
Why Nokia Lumia 920 shouldn’t be your next phone ?
- Windows Phone 8 – The only reason ,techies don’t see Lumia 920 as the rocking phone is the operating system it runs on. After using a flexible O/S like Android and after playing a sleek and innovative iOS ,definitely there is nothing on WP8 phone intuitive . There is a massive numbers of apps available for WP8 but the productive natures of them are very limited. If you are an application junkie and want to have more and more in your phone ,like to keep the phone updated for a long time with lot of different new versions of the O/S ,then Nokia Lumia 920 is not for you .