A Mobile app to protect your search habits from spying eyes .
A Cool App”Disconnect Search” letting you search internet without revealing your personal information !
Privacy of users ,has been becoming a growing concern ,when do they use internet . After the revelation of a former government spy on how American and other governments investigate users’ personal data through web sites and free services like search engines etc , Now people are bit scared to have a free go on the net.
“Disconnect Search” helps you !
Continue reading Want to protect your privacy while spying NASA via internet ?
I have been using Pulse e-reader application both on my Motorola Xoom tablet and Samsung Galaxy S2 for about an year. The sexy appeal of the feeds on Pulse makes me to read a lot. If you are using the very old fashioned Google reader for your feeds ,then definitely you would love to switch to Pulse app .
Pulse is a free application for your devices available on Google Play for download . Last week I have reviewed the Flipboard app ,which is similar to this app ,but Pulse scores more as it allows you to read more feeds in a limited space of screen .
Pulse for Desktop Computers
Pulse has been launched for Desktop users very recently ,it is available as an online app within your browser. Just go to Pulse.me and start using it [you can logging in using your Facebook Account for instant access ,but better to create a pulse account that carries all your feeds with you every where in every device )
Pulse – Features
- Screen shots of the pulse reader given here ,may give you the idea of look and feel of the app and great UI.
- Pulse gives you push notifications of the updated feeds (which can be set off from settings menu)
- You can add more pages and feeds
- Pulse offers you a very useful catalogue of feeds ,so you can pick up some
- Settings menu allows you to control the data connections (Update on Wi-Fi only etc..)views,flash use etc.
- Single user account created in Pulse syncs your contents on all devices .
Pulse tend to make use of my Xoom tablet more and more for reading !
Let us know what you feel about it in comments section !
Best of Android Apps Series – Mini Reviews at TecKdiary.com
I thought about giving my personal insights about the best apps of Android (sooner Apple)after using them for some time. There are tons of applications available in the Market ,as a user you may struggle to identify the best ones and usable ones .We ,at tecKdiary.com (My self and Stephen ) take care of this filtering job for you and plan to publish reviews of Good apps for smart phones (As we did for Symbian at symbiandreams.com ) continuously .
It is a small application (free) that allows you to read your subscribed feeds and the feeds recommended by the application itself in a beautiful and well organized view. You can simply flip up and down the pages by tapping your finger ,it offers you a great transition look ,makes the reading experience more colorful .
- You can choose the news items ,to add your Flipboard .
- You customize the Flipboard, watch out your Facebook ,Twitter timelines in a E-Book style (first image on the top shows my Facebook time line activity )
- You can add your Google feeds to this app, like most of other apps do .
- It has an average rating of 4.5 so far and downloaded over a million times .
Try Flipboard and let us know ,how is it !
Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teckdiary
Android Jelly Bean 4.1 Changelog included.
Android Ginger bread gained a major share in Android eco system as per the recent reports ,the latest arrival, Jelly Bean just approached only 1.2% share . The new Samsung Galaxy S3 holds Jelly Bean 4.1 currently and this video is giving you a clear picture on the new Jelly Bean 4.1 . As a S2 owner I can simply compare this new one with my current Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 and waiting for the interesting update which is due to my device soon. Hope this video produced by Gsmarena will answer your questions about Jelly Bean .
Jelly Bean got plenty of performance updates and new features .If you wish ,visit the official Jelly Bean changelog page and have fun at reading .
What’s New in Galaxy S III Jelly Bean :
- Project Butter (smoother UI animations with higher frame rate)
- Offline voice typing support
- Better notification area with expandable notifications
- Better Settings organization
- Two different modes for home screen behavior
- Resizable pop-up play window
- S Note app replaces S Memo
So what is lost in Jelly Bean ?
Flash support has gone now ,you will get ugly look of some web sites due to the missing flash support !
Hi folks ,it’s a mini review of a Name card scanner application for Android .
As a business professional most of us used to get a lot of business cards from others ,and normally we don’t get time to save those data in our phone ,just put in a card holder and forget it .
When there is a need only we suffer a lot to do a Google job in our card holders .
Cam card for Android
Cam Card is an application available for Android ,iOS,Blackberry and Java phones . This can make use of your phone’s camera to take a photo of the name card/business card and automatically converts it into your contacts . I have already reviewed similar app from Symbian platform few years back .
Cam card is available in Lite (Free) version and Pro(Paid)version ,you can download a free version to try and once you are satisfied with the app ,you can get the paid version that is currently under $4 at Google play store .
What I am happy about Cam Card for Android
- It is very accurate ,just take a photograph of a card at automatically converts it into phone data faster.
- The free version also offers you full functionality
- You can upload the data of the Cam Card by creating an account with them for free.
- if the program doesn’t understand any field ,you have the chance to edit it before save
If the business cards are printed in a very cluttered manner or the information there is un organized then you have to do lot of manual entry .
How to download the CamCard app for free ?
Go to Google play and search “CamCard”
NB: I am using a paid version now ,as I always respect the hard work of developers ,and becoming a paid user when the application is really useful .
We have just came across the announcement from Google ,(may be too late now )special offers for Google play store apps. Most of the applications are around $1 and that is amazingly cheap.
Here I have given two methods to pickup your best deals at Google store
1) Method one for special deals at Google Play (limited number of apps)
Just follow this link and enjoy the offer ,before it end soon.
2)Method two which returns about 235 + apps for very low price
Use the promotion code "***End of Summer Sale" (including the quotes )as search string ,that will return you a lot of interesting app for best prices .
Share your experience here friends ! (why don’t you like us on www.facebook.com/tecKdiary )
If you are living in a small country where Google Maps doesn’t offer you turn by turn navigation ,then This app can help you a little .
For people who know the term ‘Augmented Reality’ already ,it is another feast .
Just run the application and mark your location(‘new location’ from the menu ) ,give a name for it ,save.
Saved locations,choose one to see where are you now from there and see the movement on the go !
- Here you do see,my saved location (A local restaurant which offers country style rice and curry on lotus leave )
Do you see the distance of saved location from my current location ,and my location in big blue circle icon
the same function is available in other map apps in a complicated way ,but this tiny app does it simply .
Augmented Reality (for advanced users )
once the locations are saved ,the augmented view –through camera works fine
When you click ‘Augmented View’ from the menu ,the camera view is opened and just point your view finder ,then the places you have saved will appear in the respective directions .
How to take screen shots in various versions of Android Ice Cream Sandwich ?
It has been a big issue for me for a long time , identifying a useful screen capture or screen snap app for my Samsung Galaxy S2,tried various apps from Google Play and could not succeed .
Finally I have found that screen capture function is an inbuilt ability of ICS ,but the short cut keys assigned for the function varies for the versions of the ICS specially ICS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 .
How to Take Screen Shot in ICS 4.0.4 (Samsung Galaxy S2 etc..)
- Just press Home button and Power button simultaneously for about 2 seconds ,that’s it !
- Your Image is saved in the folder “Screen Shots” in your gallery
How to Take Screen Shot in ICS 4.0.3 (Samsung Galaxy S2 etc..)
- Press Volume Down button and Power button same time for 2 seconds
- Find your saved image from Screen Shots folder .
Write me if it works fine !