iOS 6 is the latest update of the Apple’s OS ,it has been rolled out yesterday from Apple’s servers for the iPhones and iDevices . Everything went fine about the iOS6 except Maps , reports coming from all around the corners are not much positive about the Apple’s home grown Maps Application . Apple discontinued Google Maps from it’s iOS 6 and implemented its’ own mapping system .There are inaccuracies of the locations ,missing cities ,and wrong imagery of 3D landscapes. A twitter user called @fake_iOS6maps has initially made this complaints and now his account has been suspended there. BBC managed to organize the information from the tweets about Apple Maps .
Museum in river
Among the user complaints regarding Apple’s maps sent to the BBC were:
Users have complained about the quality of satellite images in the new software (bottom)
- Some towns appear to be missing, such as Stratford-upon-Avon and Solihull.
- Others, like Uckfield in East Sussex, are in the wrong location.
- Satellite images of various locations, particularly in Scotland, are obscured by cloud.
- A search for Manchester United Football Club directs users to Sale United Football Club, a community team for ages five and above.
- Users also reported missing local places, such as schools, or strange locations. Another screenshot showed a furniture museum that was apparently located in a river.
Here the qualities of the Google Map and Apple Map are compared .
People are disappointed over Apple’s half baked Maps application in iOS . Apple has obtained the Map Data from famous Mapping services like Tom Tom . But the the design and the implementation of the Map date is done my Apple itself . Google maps not available for download at Apple Store . But still people can access the Google Map via the phone’s browser . It is reported that there were lot of negative feedbacks about the Apple Maps by the beta testers ,and Apple would have made up better by the final release time . Apple still keep mum on this matter .